Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Perfume Collection

I've never been too big on perfumes nor have I ever had any luck trying to describe their scents'. My latest attempt was by creating a thermometer-like scale to visualize the scents. The top being sharp, fruity, tangy etc and the bottom being woody, nut, flowery smells. I favor the top and don't quite prefer the bottom. I ranked the following from bottom to top (my least favorite to favorite).



 
Couture by Juicy Couture

How they describe it:
mandarin ,natural orange flower scent blossoms, pink grape accords, star jasmine, honeysuckle, blushed plum, warm amber, vanilla  creamy sandalwood

How I describe it:
an older scent, not what I picture a high schooler wearing, but not strictly for older ladies either. Smells like something someone would wear to the Oscars, possibly prom. Reminds me of a 'dress up' scent. Not very fruity at all or at least not tangy fruits.

John Paul Gaultier Classique

How they describe it: Orange Flower, Bulgarian Rose, Italian Mandarin, Star Aniseed, Orchid, Iris, Ylang-Ylang, Indian Ginger, Soft Vanilla, Woody Amber. (from Sephora's listing)

How I describe it: I would describe it as a rich women who wears Burberry scent (lol i have weird descriptions) but I picture a rich young woman, mid 20’s, wearing this while shopping on rodeo drive. I think this is very business appropriate if you work in an office.

G by Guess

How they describe it: tangerine, bergamot, green apple, freesia, peony, muguet, peach, red fruit, magnolia flowers, cedarwood, moss, skin musk, amber (phew with a list like that I don't feel so bad that I couldn't figure it out :/)

How I describe it: Reminds me of apple scent but a little bit of roses mixed in? This is definitely a high school appropriate scent but doesn’t smell too young either. (not like cotton candy or anything) A sharper scent, which is what I like about it, but wasn’t ‘candy scented' enough for my liking. Guess I like the really young scents huh? (Just caught the pun, I did not intend for that :p)

Wild One Victoria's Secret Spray

How they describe it: midnight raspberry, sexy lily

How I describe it: As I smell it out of the package (so more concentrated than it would smell on me) it smells a bit like Robitussin. A better smelling Robitussin but still medicinal. Even saying that though I do like how it smells on me. It smells less like cough medication and more sweet and fruity. Definitely a high school appropriate scent and definitely smells like it came from Victoria's Secret, whether that be a good thing or bad thing depends on you.

Pink Ice

How they describe it: "timeless sophistication, sparkling whimsy and a cozy finish." (from their website,... wow thanks for that description -_-)

How I describe it: Smells like a type of candy. I’m not sure which but I guess thats a good thing since you don’t want to be a walking pixie stick. It's pretty sweet smelling which I love and not nutty at all. Very appropriate for younger women. My second favorite and I wear almost everyday! (The days when I’m not wearing the next one)


ETC Perfume

How they describe it: glittering fruits, soft florals, sweet tarts.

How I describe it: Saving the best for last! ETC is the BEST smelling scent I have or have ever found! It is so candy smelling it makes my mouth water. It reminds me of an apple and strawberry lollipop (if they would ever make such a thing). I wear this one the most and have gotten only nice comments on it. My boyfriend absolutely loves this! (I find most men gravitate more towards the higher part of my ‘scent thermometer’). 


While I'm writing this article I found another word to better describe the top of my 'scent thermometer' and that is Tart! (yay for new descriptive words!)

So that is my entire (yes entire) perfume collection except for those mini viles of perfume you get as samples, I have like a hundred of those!



Check out my video of them here!: