Tuesday, October 2, 2012

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Cream Review (Medium 814)


I bought the L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Cream in Medium (814). I saw itsjudytime review it and it looked so nice on her! I always look for light to medium coverage foundations because full coverage ones are always the wrong color for me or have an orange tint. Its rare I find one with a green tint to it (that's my skin undertone) so they always look wrong on me. I had been using a very light coverage powder, ELF high definition powder. It is used mostly as a finish over foundation but I used it as my foundation since its translucent so I didn't have to worry about color matching. This B.B. cream however matches my skin tone perfectly and gives much more coverage than the powder! This isn't a 'true' b.b. cream and it states that on the back. The B.B. cream stands for the beads they use in it but it's still great.


It has a moisturizer type nozzle and comes out as a white cream. In the cream and you see, and then feel, the little 'beauty beads' that look like little purple dots.


I've read a few reviews of people saying the beads are a bit rough feeling and almost exfoliate their skin. I did notice what they were referring to and had read another review on how to solve this issue. With the beads you shouldn't rub them on your face as you would  a regular foundation. Instead you should rub slowly and let the warmth of your hands break the beads open naturally. If you rub too harshly and fast the beads won't open and will rub against your skin causing the rough feeling.

It goes on the skin as white, which I've had bad luck with previous skin matching foundations that do this, but this one matches my skin pretty perfectly! I think that its a very light feeling foundation but will not take the place of a moisturizer if your skin is very dry. I have tried this on my nose (very dry) and it emphasizes the dryness, but over a moisturizer it works just fine.



The picture above is right after I applied it all over my face. You can see the finish isn't "matte" but its not greasy or shiny. Its almost dewy but not that shiny. I was so glad to see this cream wasn't as sunscreen-like as I thought it would be. (This has no spf) But what I was worried about was that it would feel sticky and look greasy like sunscreen.



The picture above is after I applied my mattifying (sp?) powder. I can't live without my powder because I love a matte finish!


PROS: Not shiny or greasy, relatively cheap for a foundation, Hardly any smell, great color matching for medium skin tones

CONS: Need moisturizer underneath, Not a true B.B. cream, at this time not a permanent fixture in L'oreal drugstore lines so still harder to find in some places

VERDICT: Would purchase again and would definitely recommend it to a friend. Light to medium coverage and moisturizer still needed. Not true B.B. cream but worth the money for medium skin tones. (Light ones I can't say because I haven't tried but in other blogs I have read that it comes off a bit orange.)

CHECK OUT MY VIDEO BELOW! (Where I got my screenshots from!)