Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Everyday Makeup Brushes

I don’t have a ton of brushes, for some reason I haven’t yet went on a spree with those yet. (But when I do I’ll be sure to share!) These brushes have been the same ones I've used for a pretty long time.
(The titles are links to where you can purchase them if you wanted to.)




E.l.f. Essential Blushing, Bronzing, and Blending Brush

I use this brush to apply my shimmer blush. I don't use it as blush though just as a cheek highlight since it is so shimmery. I had bought this brush originally to apply bronzer but it made horrible lines! This brush is quite scratchy but that's a good thing for what I use it for. I like that the brush is abrasive because it picks up a lot of shimmer pigment yet is still a wide enough brush that it doesn't make one tiny straight line of shimmer on my cheek. Since it's a tiny part of my face that I use this brush on, the scratchiness of the brush doesn't bother me that much.











E.l.f. Mineral All Over Eyeshadow Brush

This brush I bought at Marshall's, which is probably why I can hardly find it anywhere online anymore. It's such a soft brush and perfect for contouring my nose! I use it with 'Buck' from the Naked Palette on the sides of my nose to make it look slimmer. When you're contouring, the most important part is blending since you don't want to make it look obvious and noticeable, and this brush blends amazingly!













EcoTools Angled Eyeliner Brush

I've used this the longest out of all the brushes I have. What I like about this one, over other angled eyeliner brushes, is that this one is very precise and dense. I don't like soft eyeliner brushes because it defeats the purpose of creating a 'line' since the soft bristles will spread under pressure. This one makes a very thin line and the angle isn't too much that you'd have to hold your hand weird to use it.












E.l.f. Essential Defining Eye Brush

I use this brush with the same shimmer I use on my cheeks, but instead I use it down the center of my nose. It creates the illusion of a slimmer nose and is decently soft for an E.L.F. essential brush. It's also soft enough that it doesn't make a harsh line of shimmer.














Flat Top Blending Brush (sold out but a similar one is in this set.)

Last year after Christmas was over I bought a brush set for half off at Walmart. Turns out this set was insanely soft and I fell in love with its blending brush. I'd never had a flat top brush before so I was pretty excited to get this one for so cheap. I use this one for my blush and bronzer because its flat and doesn't create lines. Because its so soft I never have to worry that it'll make my contouring or blush look too obvious or streaky.




E.l.f. Essential Blending Eye Brush
This is my favorite of all the E.l.f. essential brush line. I think this is pretty soft and does a very nice job of blending.




E.l.f. Essential Eye Crease Brush
This brush is nice because its very small and dense. I use this to create a very dark line on my crease. It isn't the softest brush but its not rough either. For $1 I think it does a great job. (The low price shows however in the glue. The metal piece separated from the handle quite some time ago but I kept it since I liked the brush part.)





E.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush
I use this brush as a powder brush with my Neutrogena Shine Control Powder. It is very soft and its perfect for covering a large area of your face at a time like you need when you powder your face.





Milani "Mascara Wand"
I use this one simply because I bought the eyebrow pencil attached to it. The eyebrow pencil color was waaaay off but I kept it because I thought the other end was useful and also looked pretty. I use this to separate my eyelashes if they get clumpy.






 Myglam Angled Eyeliner Brush & Myglam Eyeshadow Brush

As far as I know you cannot buy these anymore. I know at one time they sold them but since then they changed their company's name (now Ipsy) and I can't find the listings on their new website.

I use the eyeliner brush on my eyebrows with eyebrow powder. It's not dense and it's pretty small so I use it to create feathery lines on my brows so they don't look harsh or filled in. The eyeshadow brush is also verrrrry tiny so I use it under my lower lash line to create a shadow with Buck. The brushes aren't bad, not insanely soft or harsh, but I probably wouldn't buy them (they just happened to be in my Myglam bag).




Check out my video of my everyday makeup brushes!