Sunday, October 7, 2012

L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Lipstick Review [PICS & VIDEO]



So I always have trouble finding a lip product that I will use until I run out of it. I have tons...and tons more...of lipsticks, glosses, and balms sitting in my drawer of makeup waiting to be used for the second time! I always try out new products because I'm obsessed with nude lipsticks and love to try and find new nude colors. I tend to pick my lips, from anxiety and possibly dryness, so I look for lipsticks that moisturize my lips to keep them from peeling and also ones that last through out the day. I came across these in my CVS and fell in LOVE. Just from seeing them I knew I was willing go out on a limb and buy two colors of a lip product that had just hit the shelves.


I decided on 170 - Cotton Pink and 181 - Sheer Linen. Those were the nudest colors available at the time the display first came out in my CVS. I have "The Balm" lipsticks (or balms?) by L'Oreal. I fell in love with the texture, shine, and smoothness of them but hated that they weren't pigmented. I was sooo happy to find these lipsticks delivered great pigmentation with the same feel as the balms or even the Revlon Lip Butters (which are also quite pigmented).



Cotton Pink, at first, I thought was too pink for me but I quickly fell in love with it. I sometimes have to work early in the morning before any color comes to my face so this was the perfect shade to make me look alive! Sheer Linen is a very pretty nude, slightly (and soo very slightly) less pigmented on lips than the cotton pink. This may be because that color is so closely matched to my true lip color that it comes off as not as pigmented so results may vary.


As you can see in the swatches above the Cotton Pink one is a very bubble gum pink and the Sheer Linen is more of a brownish nude. Looking at the swatches they look pretty close in pigmentation (Cotton Pink seems a bit more sheer because the flash is on that side) so it may depend on your lip tone how much the colors show up, as the Sheer Linen seems to be a pretty natural color. The finish is very glossy looking, much like a lip gloss, and so soft. I love how its not sticky and lasts for about 4 hours. To me 4 hours (before fading) is pretty good for a balm-like consistency that has pretty decent pigmentation. 



Another plus, that I found later on as I taped my review on this, is that the sides of the container are mirror-like and can therefore be used when putting on the lipstick! It doesn't distort so it can truly be used as a mirror if you forget one or if you just want to use it as a substitute one to lighten your purse!


PROS: non-sticky, pigmented nudes (not to say the darker ones aren't but I haven't tried those), no smell, mirror like packaging, no taste

CONS: Not super long lasting, a tad bit expensive ($9.99)

CHECK OUT MY VIDEO BELOW!