Friday, September 7, 2012

$20 Makeup Challenge (PICTURES & VIDEO)

Sooo I am 'that' person that will watch a tag for hours on end before deciding to do it. I watched itsjudytime, dulcecandy87, etc, all of their $20 makeup challenge videos before doing mine. It looked like so much fun and I'm not gunna lie, I thought it'd be easy for me. Wellllll I was completely wrong! I knew exactly what I wanted but after getting the calculator out I found things added up quickly. That $2.99 foundation was more like 3.50 after tax. In my mind it was $2.00, my calculator did not agree. I quickly found out it was much more difficult, but I had fun picking everything out anyway!


So to start I picked up this Wet N' Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted moisturizer. I got it in 183 Sun Kissed. I choose this rather than a foundation since foundations are much harder to match to my skin tone than sheer coverage moisturizer.   $2.99 (on sale): Total=$2.99
 
 
 If any of you watch my videos then you know I HATE when my lips are red or naturally pink (I love pink lipstick/gloss but not the natural color). So right after my foundation I had to put on my nude lip balm. It's the NYX Color Balm in Danke. It is crazy pigmented and really moisturizing. My lips tend to peel etc, so I love this balm because it doesn't accentuate dry lips at all! If anything it hides those imperfections. $3.79: Total=$6.78

 I forgot to included a screen shot but I did buy a pack of tissues for $.99 to blot the excess oil and shine after the moisturizer was put on! $.99: Total=$7.77

I knew I needed a bronzer so I had to choose a cheap one. I went with Wet N Wild Bronzer which looked a little orange in the package but luckily came with a brush! It was slightly orange but not as much as I expected. The brush felt so harsh I thought I might have little white scratch marks on my face! The bronzer is very pigmented, which is great but with a stiff brush it can be disastrous. As shown in the picture above, it created a very harsh line but I was able to bend it out. 
 $2.99: Total=$10.76
I also used the bronzer to contour my nose which worked pretty well!

 I used a mini Palette from Color Mates and used the blush for my cheeks. I used the brush that came with the bronzer to apply it. The blush wasn't as pigmented as I would have liked but still better than some more expensive drugstore ones. $.99: Total=$11.75
 
  
 Using the same Color Mates Palette I used the grey eyeshadow on my crease, and a light white eyeshadow on my upper brow bone.
  
I used the black in my deep crease and in the outer corner of my eyes. The eyeshadow was pretty pigmented for being from the dollar store! 

 
 

 I used a Wet N Wild eyebrow pencil, unsuccessfully if i must say so lol. I'm not used to using a pencil (I prefer powder) and they came out very lopsided. But I tried! I also used the brow pencil to add shadow under my lower lash line. $.99: Total=$12.74


  
At Ulta I picked up a black Essense eye pencil. I used it to line the top of my eyes and it was pretty pigmented. If only I had a dollar more I would have bought a pencil sharpener! My poor liner was very dull :( $.99: Total=$13.73


 

 I used the Rimmel Wow! Mascara which I really loved! My eyelashes, like my hair, do not curl easily at all. This mascara did manage to lift my lashes, so I say totally worth the money! $3.99: Total=$17.72



My favorite little lipgloss from Walmart was used to add a little bit of gloss to my nude lip balmed-lips. It is not sticky and costs as much as you can find in your sofa! Not to mention it comes on a key chain so you can't lose it! $.99: Total=$18.71

With tax on everything it came to..... $19.83!! (yay under $20!)

 


And that is the finished look! I thought it came out pretty well and I would most DEFINITELY walk out the door in this look!

Check out my video of this (where I also got the screen shots from):