Sunday, November 25, 2012

'Tis The Season Tag [POST+VIDEO]

I was tagged by Makeupbytoby! (Go check his beauty channel out)
Here were my answers to the tag questions!

- Top 2 Winter Beauty Essentials 
I definitely need moisturizer in the winter since it dries my skin out! My skin is naturally 'tan' but I still need my bronzer. I love being that sun kissed color so bronzer helps me out with that in the winter.


- Top 2 Winter Fashion Essentials
Definetly a scarf! They can dress up an outfit and look sooo cute! My other one would be boots since they also are crazy warm but look effortlessly fashionable.

- What shoes do you tend to wear the most in the winter?
I need to wear heels or wedges so in the winter I choose closed toe boots, mostly wedges, with some sort of tread on them. I always manage to fall, even though I live in heels and wedges, so the tread at least helps me not fall because of ice.

- Favorite Winter Accessory
This question confused me. I probably over thought it but at this point I can't go back so I'm eternally confused. In the previous question about fashion essentials I mentioned a scarf, which to me is also an accessory? So that would be my logical answer to this question but I used that answer already so instead I just said sled.

- Favorite Winter Nail Polish
I can't stand nail polish because I can't perfectly apply it! If it has a smudge or anything in it I feel compelled to take it all off and start over. So to save myself hours of OCD frustration I use the Sally Hansen Nail Strips. My favorite one last year was white with red snowflakes, but this year its the white with light blue snowflakes!

- Hot Cocoa or Apple Cider?
Apple Cider! Nice and cold :) I'd probably rather have it in the summer now that I think about it, since its cold, but I don't really like hot cocoa.

- Favorite Winter Candle?
Scared to death of candles or anything fire so my answer would be a flame-less candle. If you wanted more specific then I would say a cookie or cake scented one. I don't have any so I can't give my personal favorite.

- Snowboarding or Skiing?
I've never done either but I think I'd be more for trying Skiing since you have sticks to kinda hold on to for leverage. Snowboarding reminds me of skateboarding which relies fully on your balance, which I have barely any of.

- Have you ever gone Ice Skating? Are you any good or do you FAIL miserably?
I've never gone Ice Skating before, those knife like blades scare me a bit. But I have gone roller skating and failed miserable, so I only imagine Ice Skating would bear the same embarrassing result.

- Does it snow where you live?
Yup, east coast gets it almost every year. So far it hasn't snowed which is pretty good seeing as how we got hammered last year!

- Have you ever made a snowman?
When I was real little I made one.

- What holiday do you celebrate?
Christmas!

- Favorite Christmas/Holiday song?
Gary Glitter's "Another Rock and Roll Christmas". I heard this at my work one time and fell in looooove! It's such a happy song and not quite traditional. It definitely puts me in the Christmas mood!


- Favorite Christmas/Holiday movie?
"Olive The Other Reindeer" I had this movie on VHS ever since I was little and I HAD to watch it every Christmas. Its a cute movie and great for little kids!

- What is your favorite winter treat? (candy cane, gingerbread, etc...)
My mom's Butter Almond cookies! Heart attack in a cookie is a better name for hers! She pretty much doubles all the artery clogging ingredients and adds a few secret touches that I don't even know about yet! (When I get married I get the recipe! yay!)She only makes them at Christmas so I look forward to them every year.

- If you were to ask Santa for one thing and you were guaranteed to get it, what would it be? (even if you don't celebrate Christmas)

 I would want to meet Brandon Flowers. No explanation is needed but I will provide a picture.



- Do you have anything fun planned for this winter?
Not yet. Just having this 'time' that most people refer to as winter is fun enough for me since I'm moving in January. I plan on using this winter as relaxing time in between stressing and pulling my hair out and having panic attacks :/

Check out my video for this tag below!