Monday, July 16, 2012

I Can't Wax

Soo, long story short I decided I would try waxing myself instead of shaving. I decided this because when you shave your arm pits it shows up dark because the roots are still in place. Since it's summer I didn't want them dark. I had an old kit from probably about 7 months ago that I never used. And let me clear this up, I am NOT saying this is a bad product. A product is only as successful as it's user, which I was not lol. First off I lost the plastic applicator that you apply the wax with (the one it came with originally) so I had to use this other weird looking applicator that came with a dissolving hair remover.  (please excuse the wax still on the end)


So right off the bat I should have known this was going to be bad.

I used Nair Microwave Wax, which is a tub of wax, you microwave for a few seconds and its ready to apply.


Weeeeeelll that part went fine except, think of it like syrup, when you try to apply it (moving the applicator from the tub of wax to wherever your waxing), it drips! I am inexperienced and I'm sure there's a way to prevent this but I didn't know how. (Did I mention I was dumb enough to do this in my carpeted room?) So it dripped on my leg, then on the carpet. How do you get warm wax off the carpet!! lol  Then when I needed to put my applicator down (to put the cloth strip you rip off on) it fell off of where I had safely put it and fell onto my makeup table so now that has wax on it. Funny thing about hair-removing wax, it doesn't dry. Ever lol! It is still sticky, everywhere! It took me a while to get it off my leg but I did find an oil based makeup remover worked best. Soap and water just seemed to spread it? When I first started, to see where to wax, I brought over my full length mirror (a cheap one so its easily movable) and you guessed it... got wax on it. lol


So my room and I are still fully recovering from the Wax Fiasco of 2012. Good news is that it definitely did get the job done, without leaving dark roots or any marks. Classic me, who does something with no research or thought, didn't realize after waxing that the area hurts a bit. So the immediate mall trip afterwards (planned ahead of time) kinda sucked lol but after a few hours I was fine. Really scared to try it again, I think I'm just gunna use the pre-waxed strips. I never messed them up! lol

In case your wondering about whats inside the kit:

Wax tub which i made a complete mess off, and the cloth strips which I also got wax on. What didn't I get wax on lol